Saturday, June 7, 2008

What Happened To Me?

I need your prayers again. I just feel like my life is just falling apart. The other day I was just thinking how there just seems nothing left for me in Downey anymore. I mean I really want to get out of here. A good chunk of my friends have married and moved on, moved away, and I don't get to see them anymore. I have a couple of friends who are talking about moving to the land of the Ferrullis. I'm even thinking about doing that. I also keep wanting to get a job that I know I'm not gonna get. I don't even feel excited about church or youth ministry anymore. And, to be perfectly honest, I feel like I screwed my life up and I don't even know where to pick up the pieces to sew it up and move on.

What happened to me? I didn't write this blog because I want attention. I wrote this blog because, hell, I'm hurting and I feel lonely, really lonely and I need friends and I just need to get this out of me!

Just pray for me. That's all I'm asking for.

2 Comments:

At June 7, 2008 at 4:53 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

Luna, I love you man. I will pray for you!

 
At June 8, 2008 at 2:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,

Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." I'm glad that you're seeking Him and the support of your friends who are also believers in him.

I love you and so do so many others.

God has promised to be with you always, and He has promised to provide for you.

You're centered in Christ, and you're a strong person for enduring the hard times you've had in life.

So far as circumstances go, it sounds like you feel trapped. It also sounds like you have some goals, that I know you can reach - if you commit to the work you need to reach them, and follow through.

I'll pray that you take the courage and strength from God to do so. If you need anything that we can help with on a worldly level, then that's all of your friends are there for.

Your friends have had encouragement for you for years - sometimes in a sappy caring friend kind of way, sometimes in a razzing from the older brother you never had kind of way.

If they did not think that you have an enormous amount of potential, they wouldn't be so insistent about the encouragement.

About your blog title: A life that's about "what happened to you" is not likely to be very fulfilling.

What you make happen - with the love and strength of God will leave you much more fulfilled.

One of my favorite Bible verses is in John. Jesus says, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." That's a pretty heavy promise that you can take to the bank.

I hope you continue to show God's love to people in ministry and rediscover the excitement in that. I hope you continue to show God's love to others.

I hope that you apply yourself in positive ways to get the education, training, experience, and know-how that it will take to reach your professional goals - without putting it off, and without excuses.

I hope you realize that you can succeed, and there's nothing that any of your contemporaries have done - that you can not do - if you apply yourself.

I hope that you remember that you rediscover that you have a joy in God that can not be robbed by circumstance - and that God has given you the free will to choose most of your own paths in life.

You're such a genuine, caring, sincere, gifted, intelligent, and blessed person with the love of Christ.

I know that God is honored by you leaning on him and your brothers and sisters in His blogdom - in your time of despair.

You'll be in my prayers, but I also want to leave you with a charge:

Get off of your ass and work with everything - and every one - that God has given you to achieve every goal that you want that fits within His will.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home