Monday, June 2, 2008

90s Nostalgia

A while back, I was randomly thinking of pogs or Hawaiian milik caps and whatever happened to that trend. From the ages of 12 - 14, I played pogs all the time. Then, one day out of the blue, they just seemed to disappear from the face of the Earth.

I had a bunch of pogs and slammers. I even had a sweet board to play them on. I kept them all hoping for a comeback. Then, about two or three years ago, I realized that it was never gonna come back and I threw them all away.

A few days ago, I went to the 99 cent only store with my good friend, Tommy Burkhardt. We were looking for something to connect his synthesizer with my computer to record some stuff, when all of a sudden, lo and behold, the 99 cent store had pogs for sale. So we bought a few and it looks like we're bringing pogs back.

Now I know what you're thinking, and I'm not gonna spend all of my money on pogs. I'm not that stupid. I just really liked playing them. That's all.

In a way, it's kind of like when you played Super Mario Bros. when you were a kid and your Nintendo kept breaking down. You had to stop playing with it. Then all of a sudden, when you can buy it on the Wii virtual consoule, or download it from your computer, you get to do something you really liked when you a kid all over again and you just don't care what anybody thinks.

4 Comments:

At June 2, 2008 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Andrew C said...

I've still got all my pogs and slammers. Possibly the most retarded fad ever.

 
At June 4, 2008 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Denise said...

I remember knowing at the time that pogs were the epitome of lame. I win.

 
At June 4, 2008 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Andrew C said...

Dude I have a thick aluminum Jesus slammer. Are you saying the son of god is lame?

 
At June 5, 2008 at 1:23 PM , Blogger The Lunaverse said...

I think it's awesome that a brother and sister are fighting on my blog. Keep at it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home