Friday, May 30, 2008

Some Things Just Shouldn't Happen

*Disclaimer* DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE NEW INDIANA JONES MOVIE

I wanted to wait a while to blog about, "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the long Title". It's been a week so here it goes.
It's been almost 20 years since the last Indy movie. I wasn't really expecting a whole lot, but this one was a little bit on the weird side for me. I mean, there were animated gophers and the janitor from Scrubs, not to mention the alien at the end!!!That's what ruined the movie for me.

There was almost everything you wanted from an Indiana Jones movie. There were action scenes, ancient ruins, humor, slimy creatures and the fedora. It was missing things. For one, Sallah was M.I.A. Also, there were no Nazis. I guess because it took place in 1957.

I'm not totally bagging on the movie. I'm glad they brought back the lady from Raiders. I also liked the way they tied in some aspects from the tv show ( Indy hung out with Poncho Villa). I even liked the relationship between him and his son, even though I HATE Shia La Whatever with a passion.

Then of course was the aliens. Really?!, George and Steven, aliens?! I know they're both sci-fi guys, but you don't bring aliens into an Indiana Jones movie. I wish they would have made the movie ten years ago, (Like they were supposed to do in the first place) and made the movie set in WWII where Indy and his friend, Mac were double agents. That would have been a more awesome movie.

I'm done venting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home