Monday, May 19, 2008

The Problems With DTV

So I've had my DTV converter box for about a month now because I don't have cable or direct tv, and since then I have had problems with the signal. I don't really know if it has to do with the weather or not. First off, Sometimes the show I'll be watching will be scrambled. Also, I can't get channel 9 in at all. Which sucks because I am not able to watch the old episodes of Scrubs. I don't like to go online to watch tv. So if anybody knows anything about this sort of thing, comment me back.

5 Comments:

At May 19, 2008 at 11:49 AM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

I assume you're using rabbit ears for antenna, you'll need a UHF or HDTV (those are marketed for HDTV so they'll be a bit more money) to improve your picture...

ultimately your best bet / signal would be to put an antenna on the roof, like the kind you can buy from rat shack or fry's.

Your box will probably have a signal strength meter / indicator this will give clues as to why you're having problems.

 
At May 19, 2008 at 4:56 PM , Blogger nathan118 said...

All the antennas are basically in the same spot on the mountain, so the direction of the antenna should matter much either.

Look on google images for "silver sensor" and that is something to look for. Can probably get one for 20-30 bucks. Otherwise ditto what angelo said.

 
At May 19, 2008 at 6:05 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

Luna, A few hours after I finally saw your IM, I found this deal pop up in my reader:

http://dealnews.com/Philips-Silver-Sensor-Indoor-HDTV-Antenna-for-10-7-s-h/229733.html

It might do the trick. Just don't buy one from best buy or you'll end up with the *monster* edition that will be 5 times the price!

 
At May 19, 2008 at 6:06 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

Stupid Blogger...

goto dealnews.com
then search for "philips" it should be the first item that comes up.

 
At May 20, 2008 at 9:36 AM , Blogger The Lunaverse said...

Thanks guys

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home