Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Go Speed Racer Go

I don't remember the Speed Racer cartoon that well, My dad rented some of the old episodes for me on video back in the day. That was his favorite cartoon. All I really remember from the original cartoon was a race and a kid and a monkey hiding in the trunk.

So the other night I went to see the new movie Speed Racer. Judging by the trailers, I thought it was going to be just another remake to get today's kids intrested. It was made by the guys who made The Matrix so I thought it was going to be intresting to see how they made it, plus John Goodman's in it so it's gotta be worth seeing.

The movie blew my freaking mind. Let me just tell ya it was incredible. It had a good story. They used good actors (except for Racer X. I'm not a huge Party of Five fan). The effects were wow! They used some of the original music. I guess the only way it could be any better is if I was tripping on LSD or E. It was good PG fun.

*NOTE- I have never tried or tripped on LSD or E. I've just heard cool things about them.

4 Comments:

At May 13, 2008 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Padfoot240 said...

LSD isn't cool Luna, get with it.
I wanna see speed racer.

 
At May 13, 2008 at 4:39 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

I'm glad you mentioned E or LSD, because judging by the trailers I would imagine it'd be a requirement before seeing the movie. Maybe eating 5 or 6 pixie sticks and washing them down with 64oz of Jolt.

Have very little interest in seeing that crazy movie.

Also it was made buy the guy and his now fully female sister, who originally made the matrix, and they really screwed up the second and third version of those movies.

Sounds like you enjoyed it, maybe i'll hit it up for *rent* some day.

 
At May 14, 2008 at 1:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Wachowski bros certainly put a lot of effort into making Speed Racer... but the movie overall looked and felt like a cross between anime, a kaleidoscope, that Flintstones movie, a video game and the Dukes of Hazard

 
At May 18, 2008 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

hahaha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home