Friday, November 2, 2007

Rock And Roll

Up until recently, I really Hated Neil Young's voice. He sounded cool on, "Keep On Rockin' In The Free World" but that was it. That was until Dave Smith introduced me to some footage he found of him on Youtube at his Live Rust concert from the late seventies. There was this song that I may have heard when I was younger called, "Cinnamon Girl". After listening to this version of the song, I had to hear it again. I actually thought it was good. I mean, it instantly became my favorite Neil Young song. I went on iTunes and downloaded it the next day. and I really can't get enough of it.

Now to switch gears a little bit. Last week I was listening to K-ROQ and they really had nothing good playing on their 40 minutes of whatever except for the new Foo Fighters song and that one Face To Face song that I like. I think it's called Disconnected. Anywho, Then this song came on by the band Spoon. Which I think is an awful name. The song is called "The Underdog".

I heard it and I thought it was alright. The next day K-ROQ played it again and I thought it was really catchy. Then when I came back from work Spoon was the musical guest on SNL. They played that song and another one that was just really catchy.

The next day, I was at Best Buy just doing some fantasy video game shopping and that song was playing in the store. I don't rarely do this... I bought a CD that was not a greatest hits collection. So I took it home and flistened to the CD. This was one CD that I got that I thought there was more to than just 2 songs. I started listening to other songs on it and I then realized that I either waisted my money or I should give this band a chance.

So Spoon, I'm gonna give you a chance. Don't dissapoint me. I don't want to do what I did to Amy Winehouse and put your two good songs on my computer and give your CD away. And yes, I bought an Amy Winehouse CD. As my good friend Scott Martin would say, "Deal With It'!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 3, 2007 at 12:59 AM , Blogger Amy said...

so what exactly is involved in flistening to something?

 
At November 3, 2007 at 7:33 AM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

I can still take or leave Neil Young.

I'm a big Spoon fan, the new album wasn't as good as the previous 4 but that doesn't stop me from liking them.

Britt Daniel (the lead singer) did the music / composition for the movie Stranger Than Fiction, which is why there are like 4 spoon songs in the movie.

 
At November 3, 2007 at 2:20 PM , Blogger The Lunaverse said...

In Amy's comment, she asked what is involved in flistening to something. Flistening is when you are listening to something and you say the "F" word. That or my finger slipped on the F key and I didn't check for spelling errors like fusual.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home