Monday, October 29, 2007

Whatever Happened To Cartoons?

When I was a kid I would wake up in the morning and watch cartoons as I got ready for school. I also used to rush home just so I could watch my favorite cartoons. Now I come home and there is nothing but talk shows, court shows, and the news. I guess I'm lying because if you have cable or direct tv, cartoons are always on. I wish I had cable. I think the younger generations are missing out on something.

Another thing is, whatever happened to the classics. I remember they would show older cartoons such as Popeye, Casper The Friendly Ghost, Quickdraw McGraw, Yogi Bear, The Flinstones, Scooby-Doo, Looney Tunes and/or Merrie Melodies, Tom And Jerry, Droopy, The Jetsons, Disney Cartoons.... The list goes on. I'm glad that some of this stuff is available on DVD. I really don't want to pay for something I used to get for free.

Going back to the younger generation. Some of these kids have been missing out on good cartoons. Some of the kids I know remember this stuff but not too well because the man decided about eight or nine years ago or maybe even more to take this stuff off the air and move them to cable. Some of it isn't available on cable and that makes me mad.

Look what happend to Cartoon Network and The Disney Channel. When I was a kid I didn't have cable, but my grandma did. It was cool because I just wanted to watch the old ones. Cartoon Network showed a lot of great cartoons from the old days and Disney showed all the great Disney cartoons that for some reason got replaced by teeniebopper shows such as, That's So Raven and Hannah Montana.

So if anybody is reading this that works in brodcasting please do something about this madness.
I miss Yogi Bear .

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 29, 2007 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Padfoot240 said...

HAHAHAHA. Someone finally used Teeniebopper in a post correctly!

I miss Yogi Bear too. I used to own the movie.


Eehhhhh a-Booboo!

 
At October 29, 2007 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Cory said...

Chris Luna, everything you expressed is something I agree with.
I just slap my forehead every time my little cousin thinks the whole universe of transformers is only evident in that one movie. NOOOO! We need change. I don't know if it is too soon to yell Coup detat for the cartoon world though.

 
At February 6, 2008 at 10:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously!!!
I am 25 and I loved watching Yogi Bear!
Not to mention the Jetsons, Flintstones, Animaniacs!
All the good ones are gone. Have you seen the new cartoons today? They are SCARY!

No wonder children are growing up to be violent, hostile and crazy!

This crazy nation needs to get back to the basics!!

Thanks for thinking of Yogi!!

Jessica- a concerned citizen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home