Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What A Year

Wow, 2008 will be over in just a few hours, and tomorrow will start the last decade of the 2000s. It has been a crazy year (for me anyway). Let's see, I'm trying to figure out what happened this year.

WORK
I got demoted at work to a stock clerk. A couple of months later I got my job back working the customer service lobby. That was fun.

CHURCH
I started my tenth year at my church on a down note, then it started getting better,. Around the summer I started getting upset at church again and was trying to figure out why I was there. Then I decided that I was fed up with church (even the youth ministry, which had become my biggest passion in life) and wanted to leave. Then at the end of July, I came to terms with myself, and started talking to different people, and decided to stick around.

I then started to focus on something else I liked doing, which is making videos and slideshows for the church. Starting tomorrow, I will become the leader of the Media Ministry.

FAMILY
In September, I celebrated my 28th birthday. My uncle surprised me with a car. This meant that I had to get over my fear of driving. In October, I visited my other uncle in Utah. I did a lot of driving over there, which helped me get over my fear of driving.

I got an offer to move out there next year, which I am strongly considering. I don't have to pay rent. It is just beautiful out there. It won't be until the end of 2009.

I don't want to make this a long blog, so I won't make it any longer.
Happy New Year, everybody!

3 Comments:

At December 31, 2008 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Andrew C said...

If the move to Utah makes sense to you go for it. That would seem like a pretty exciting change to me.

 
At January 2, 2009 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

From someone who moved away, I say go for it! Then again I couldn't wait to leave California. We drove through Utah to get here and I remember it being really pretty towards to east end of the state. Plus no rent? I think it would be a good change for you too. I can't wait to find out what you decide.

 
At March 25, 2009 at 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to learn how to eliminate your fear in driving try to read this special report about the “10 Keys To Eliminating Fear of Driving”.

I have discovered that this special report can really help you in eliminating fear or any fear in driving. I had the chance to talk to the author Alex Hunter and he was very approachable when it comes to getting advice about the subject.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home