Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Case of the Missing Humphries

A few years ago I walked into Rite-Aid and saw a "missing" poster with an old childhood friend of mine named Vince Humphries. When I saw the poster I was in shock that he was missing. A few days had passed and the poster was gone. Part of me thought he was dead. The other part thought he was safe.

I started thinking of him randomly during the summer, and as the high school reunion came around, I had asked my friend, Lindsay if he was at the reunion and if anybody had heard from him. She said no.

Then today I started thinking of him again and wondered if he was still alive. All of a sudden, I noticed a guy at Albys that looked a lot like Vince. I walked past him and he said, "Hey man, do you remember me"? and I was like, "Vince"? "Yep, and you're Chris Luna" he answered. I told him that I thought he was dead, and he told me that he was just living in Whittier.

Weird huh, God has funny ways of telling us not to worry about the little things in life.

3 Comments:

At December 8, 2008 at 11:51 AM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

I guess it's possible mistaking living in Whittier and being considered missing the same thing.

 
At December 8, 2008 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Denise said...

I'm not sure if this post was meant to make me laugh out loud, but it did. Almost nothing does that.

Also, kudos on seeking training as a checker.

 
At December 8, 2008 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Chris, I totally remember Vincent Humphries! Did you mention the whole missing poster thing? Where did he go missing to?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home