Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What Christmas Means To Me

It's that time of year again. That's right all you lucky people, it's Christmas time. Today I got to thinking and reflecting on past Christmases. You see before I became a Christian, Christmas was all about presents and me getting disappointed that I would get something I didn't want in the first place. It's been ten years now, and I have grown to think that Christmas is more than just cool gifts.

First off, it's a time that Christians come together to celebrate the birth of Jesus. I started thinking to understand the true meaning of Christmas, you should have some idea of the birth of Christ. Sometimes we take the story for granted. You know, "Let's go to church, and then go home and open up presents". Not that getting presents is a bad thing. I freaking love to get presents. We do need to put the focus on something else. That something else is this wonderful story of a little baby being born to a virgin that would some day change the world and be the savior of us all.

Second of all, Christmas is a time to give. For a few years now, nothing brings me more joy than picking out a gift for someone I love. Be it a friend or a family member, I love giving a gift and seeing their faces when they open that gift.

So that's what Christmas means to me.

1 Comments:

At December 4, 2008 at 8:37 AM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

Good points.

Christmas is also about food and being together with people you probably aren't always together with.

Word Verification: stedole

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home