Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What's the Best Christmas Movie of Our Generation?

So I got to thinking about Christmas movies the other day. Then a question popped into my fragile little mind. What is the best Christmas movie of our generation. My grandparents had "It's a Wonderful Life". My parents had "White Christmas". For me, it's "A Christmas Story". If you are younger than me, maybe it's, "Home Alone".

Like I said, "A Christmas Story" is the best. If you have not seen it, It's basically this story of how this kid really wants this bebe gun for Christmas and everybody just keeps telling him, "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out".

I first discovered this movie about ten years ago. The movie was made in 1983, but for some reason or another, I had never seen it. I remember watching it for the first time like it was yesterday.

In my computer class we had a vote for which Christmas we were gonna watch. It was between "The Santa Clause", "Jingle All The Way", and "A Christmas Story". The class picked it and I fell in love with it right there. Then the class ended and we couldn't watch the rest of it. Later on, the whole family went to Hollywood Video. Were planning to get a Christmas movie. I told my dad that I wanted "A Christmas Story". He had never seen it so we got something the whole family would want to see. We got "Scrooged", and I got screwed.

I don't know why it took me so long, but I finally got it last year, and I have only watched it once since I got it, but it is a classic and it's my favorite Christmas movie.

Do you agree or disagree that it's the best? Leave a comment.

2 Comments:

At December 9, 2008 at 10:49 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

For me it's a 3-way tie:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Bad(er) Santa
Elf


Word Verification: sondie

 
At December 10, 2008 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Padfoot240 said...

A Christmas Story is my all time favorite Christmas movie for sure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home