Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm About To Do Something Insane!!!

As some of you know, I work at Albertson's. It's not the best job in the world, but I kind of like it. I work at the customer service lobby. My job includes processing film, sending out Money Grams, cashing checks, cashing lottery tickets and ringing up items in the store.

For a while, I've done nothing but complain about how much my job really sucks. It really doesn't suck. I don't get paid a lot of money and I just don't like dealing with rude people. People are rude. Not everybody. A good part of our population is rude.

Here's my point, I get paid very little for my job. Checkers get paid way more money than me and don't do as much. I just don't think that's fair. You're probably thinking that Chris is just writing another, "Woe is me" blog. I'm not. I'm just getting something off of my chest.

Since this Summer, I've been really trying to move up to checker. I've been working harder than ever before. I also don't make as many mistakes as I have in the past. Whenever I ask about becoming a checker, the answer is no. Also, the Paramount store closed (The one next to Wal-Mart on Rosecrans) down and most of the workers from that store now work here at the Downey store which lessens the chance of me becoming a checker.

This is where the title of my blog comes into play. I'm about to do something insane. I am going to ask the store director if I can at least train to become a checker. That way if something were going to happen to a checker I'd be ready to go.

I know I don't always think things through all the way before I do them. So, feel free to send me a comment on this blog. Thank you. This venting session is done.

2 Comments:

At November 17, 2008 at 1:25 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

Way to be a go getter Chris. If you're persistent and work hard they can't ignore you forever.

 
At November 18, 2008 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Padfoot240 said...

That is smart Chris, well done!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home