Friday, October 24, 2008

The Last Great Year For Going To The Movies.

Last night I got to thinking that going out to the movies just isn't that fun anymore. Although, this summer wasn't too disappointing. Nowadays, it costs more to go. I never thought I'd be paying more than $10 so soon. I thought I'd be in my mid-thirties when that happened. Snacks are a fourtune too. Going to the movies just isn't as fun as when I went as a kid.

When I was younger, I got really excited to go see a movie. Mainly, because there were no movie theaters in Downey growing up. There was one in the Stonewood mall, but I was a little kid when they took that out and would never see another one until 1997. Ooops, I forgot about the Avenue. Nobody ever went to the Avenue.

Going to the movies was a family event. We mostly went during the summer or Christmas time. You know, when the cool movies came out. I think going to the movies stopped being fun in 1997, when we got the Krikorian. I say this because instead of going once in a while, you could now go whenever you wanted to.

This brings me to a whole new question. When was the last great year for going to the movies. For me, it was 1999. For you, it may be different. You might think that 2004 was the last great year for going to the movies, or you could say that it was 1984. We all have different opinions.

So here's a list of my favorite movies of 1999. (not in any order)
American Beauty
Three Kings
SLC Punk
Go
The Matrix
Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
Fight Club
American Pie
The Mummy
Big Daddy
The Hurricane
Bringing out the Dead
Tarzan
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
Man on the Moon
Any Given Sunday
EdTV
Bowfinger
Drop Dead Gorgeous
Detroit Rock City
Magnolia

And I'm spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home