Friday, June 13, 2008

My Final "Moving On" Post.

For the past few posts, I've been blogging about how I'm upset with some things that have happened in my life lately and how I hve just been hurting inside. Thanks to some encouragement, prayers, and just talking it out, I don't feel as frustrated anymore.

Since I've been talking about moving on, I have had to make two difficult decisions. One of them being that I am going to be leaving on a spiritual journey to find the right church. The other was one that was very hard and I even lost some sleep just thinking about it. It's one of those decisions that nobody would expect from me.

You see, ten years ago, Jeff Barrick invited me to a super bowl party at his church. I thought it was cool because I had never been to a super bowl party before. He told me that the name of the church service was called the Burn. This service was interesting because it was a church service was for young people. Jeff took me around to meet everybody and everybody welcomed me in. I met Jason Yost for the first time that day, so that was pretty cool.

Years later, I started volunteering more with the youth group. Then in 2003, I became a youth leader and I've been doing it ever since. Then lately I've came to thinking that I don't really click that well with the students like I used to. Some of the students just badmouth me and don't respect me anymore.

I have decided since I am leaving the church, I am also going to be leaving the Burn. It's been an awesome ten years and I sure am going to miss it. I am gonna be leaving "big church" pretty soon. I'm gonna pop in every once in a while just to see how things are going. I'm gonna stick around the Burn until the end of the summer.

Thanks everybody who has taken the time to read my past few blogs and for being there for me. And that's all she wrote!

1 Comments:

At June 13, 2008 at 7:58 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

Chris,

While I can sympathize with your feelings, Please make sure you pray hard about this issue.

If then you must, leaving a church you've been well connected to for so many years is going to be a VERY hard thing to do.

I would suggest you take a breath, step down from serving if you must, try to rest and clear your thoughts, focus on prayer and seek council if you can.

I'll be praying for you.

Take care.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home