Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What Does it Mean to Move On?

Lately in my posts, I've been talking about moving on. People have been wondering what that means. It means this. Since I am unhappy with not getting anything out of church, I am going to go "church shopping". I want a place where I can get something out of church and also a place where I can develop new friendships.

Unfortunately, it has become very painful, because there are a lot of people that I look up to and I have a lot of friends over there as well. I've been talking to people about it and praying and just making sure I'm doing the right thing. It's time.

3 Comments:

At June 10, 2008 at 2:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just curious what you expect to get out of church? I think I got to a point where I outgrew "church" as we know it. Services took on a stand up/sit down routine. Sermons became irrelevant and intellectually unchallenging. I found discussions on deep philosophical issues like the existence of god to be absent and discouraged.

I just can't bring myself to listen to the same sermons and sing the same songs my entire life and think that's all I need. Hope you can find what you're looking for.

 
At June 11, 2008 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Denise said...

Chris, hang in there. Sad to hear you're lonely. Sounds like something good will come of it. Looking forward to seeing more of you when we're back in the area. If you're at DFCC on 6/15 be sure and say hi.

 
At June 14, 2008 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

Luna. Whatever you do, and trust me on this. Make sure you don't do the dual church thing. Trust me, it's bad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home