Sunday, April 19, 2009

Turning A Negative Into A Positive

I'm Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. Every time I would go to blog, I would always have something negative to say about life, and it would seem that I would want you to feel sorry for me. I really don't want that. Here's what's going on with my life. Don't feel sorry for me, instead keep me in prayer.

I found out today that no matter what I do, I'm gonna be stuck at Albertsons for now. "For now" are the key words. For a while now, I've been wanting to go back to school. Every chance I get to go back, it always conflicts with work.

This time around. I said, eff it, I'm gonna go back to school, get some skills, and make something out of myself. I was not gonna take no for an answer. It's my time. On April 11, I asked, no, told my boss that I was going to go back to school. She seemed cool about it at the time. Fast forward to today. She told me that it would conflict with my work schedule.

Here's where it gets complicated. You see, I need to make 24 hours a week at work. If, I mean when I go back to school, I would get out before 12pm each day. Then I would come in at 2:30 and work 'til 8:00. If I work five days, I would be working more than 24 hours a week, right? No because I have to be sensitive to the other people's schedules in my department. Are you lost yet? I know I am.

I'm looking at my options. I could quit. That would be stupid and I would lose all of your respect. Option #2, I ask to be moved up. That's not gonna happen. I've been asking all year. Option #3 is a lot like number 1 except I find a better job first. Then there's option #4 stick it out.

I'm gonna talk to the store director on Thursday. Let's see what happens.

5 Comments:

At April 19, 2009 at 10:26 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

Hang in there Luna.

 
At April 20, 2009 at 12:25 AM , Blogger Padfoot240 said...

I'll be praying something turns up.

 
At April 21, 2009 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I can sympathize, Chris! I'm praying a door opens for you. We should go grab that "coffee" and pray together.

 
At April 22, 2009 at 1:54 AM , Blogger ANDIE DIAZ said...

I say you go job hunting and see what your options are. that doesn't necessarily mean you'll end up finding a job, but its definitely worth a shot!

 
At April 22, 2009 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Matty D said...

Luna, keep hanging in there. Something will fall through, either a better job or more flexibility with Albertsons. I miss you by the way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home