Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Haven't Vented in a Long Time....,

Sometimes when I blog, It's something silly, or I have a countdown that nobody pays attention to. Once in a while I will write about something serious. I am not afraid to write what is on my mind. This is something I've been wanting to write about for a while.

My church motto is, "Love God, Love People, Serve the World". I'm afraid I am having a hard time loving a certain person that NEEDS love. There's a guy who has come into my life very recently that just freaks me out. I don't say this to kid, but it's true. It's hard for me to show love towards him. I have the hardest time just going up to him and just say the word, "Hello".

This man has been hanging around the church for about a year now. If you go to the same church as I do, you've seen him. He usually wears a Transformers shirt. The guy is in love with Optimus Prime. I don't know his whole story. I think he may be homeless. This man spends most of the day in the kitchen of the church talking on the phone. He smells awful. He talks to himself, and I really don't know how to act towards him. I also feel that if you rub him the wrong way, that he will just lose it. I do feel scared.

Wednesday night is when we have our youth service at church. What if he goes crazy one day and a student sees him? Worse, what if he takes it out on one of the kids. I'm not the only person that feels this way. I know, I may be acting shallow. I may just be judging a book by it's cover. He may be a great guy, I just don't know how to show this man the love, and like I've said before, I wish I knew how to act towards him.

2 Comments:

At March 10, 2009 at 11:05 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

I know who you're talking about, he used to hang out / lie to us when we were doing church in downey (at Columbus). I don't trust the guy he seems to be out to prey on people's sympathies and doesn't really want help, though we tried for MANY months.

I've warned some of the people I still talked to at DFCC when we moved our church back to Lakewood because I heard he was starting to hang / exploit over at DFCC

 
At March 17, 2009 at 10:07 PM , Blogger ANDIE DIAZ said...

i'm sorry to hear that chris, I hope you can either figure out a way to show him love, or you can figure out that he's crazy and get rid of him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home