Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Frickin' Youtube

About a year and a half ago, I created my first Ooongatz movie and posted it on Youtube. A lot of people loved the first video. It was called, "The Glorious Picnic". I went on Youtube the other day to show a friend who had never seen the movie. As I went on, we could not watch it. Due to copyright laws, Youtube took out the audio track. The worst part was that I deleted the actual movie off of my computer, thinking that it's on Youtube now and I can clean up space on my computer. Man was I wrong!

The thing that I don't understand is, there are millions of videos on Youtube with copyrighted music. Why did they have to crack down on me? Why don't they crack down on all of those Rick Rolled videos?

2 Comments:

At April 7, 2009 at 5:04 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

First, I never got those videos but I'm glad you enjoy them.

Second, they are doing it to a lot of people and it doesn't even require someone to submit a claim, they are actively scanning the audio to find copyrighted tracks.

I've put up a few videos and used songs and have had the audio tracks disabled. I'm glad I mirror my videos to a few services.

Third, it's free, you get what you pay for and quit your whining!

 
At April 22, 2009 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Padfoot240 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home