Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Mix Tape, R.I.P. My Friend


I miss the days when making a mix tape and taking hours and sometimes days to make it perfect. Do you remember the effort in making the perfect mix tape? I do. You'd sit there listening to the entire song. Then you'd realize half way through, "The Heart of Rock and Roll" that you didn't want that song on there, you wanted, "Cat Scratch Fever", or maybe, "We've Only Just Begun", no wait, "Genie in a bottle". Then you'd have to rewind the tape, find the beginning of the song you wanted to tape over and start with a fresh song.

There is no effort now. It's so easy with CDs. Nowadays you just go into a music organizing program, make a playlist, and you have a CD. If you don't want, "Only the Good Die Young", you can just click a button, and boom the song's gone. You can replace it with, "I Lean Like a Cholo", or "Twist and Shout" or even, "A Long December", just like that.

I'm not complaining about mix CDs. They are a lot easier to make than mix tapes. I just miss the hard work it would take in mixing a tape. There I'm done.

1 Comments:

At March 9, 2009 at 5:20 PM , Blogger danielle said...

Hey, remember when I asked you over and over again to make me a mixed tape and you said okay....?
:(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home