Thursday, March 19, 2009

Scrubbing Bubbles


Some childhood memories just stick. A few months back, I blogged about how whenever I hear the song, "These Dreams" by Heart I start crying. I do. I don't start balling. A little tear comes to my eye when I hear it. I lied. I turn into a baby when I hear that song. I have another memory that is almost as messed up. This one has do do with a particular cleaner called, Scrubbing Bubbles.

When I was little I would watch TV with my mom. A little commercial with these little cartoon bubbles with evil faces would come on. This for some reason would freak me out as a toddler. My mom would tell me not to worry, because it was just a cartoon.

I remember one day we went grocery shopping and without thinking, she bought some Scrubbing Bubbles. Let's go back for a minute. As we were in the aisle, she told me to get it because it was on the bottom shelf and I was smaller back then so it was far much more easier for me to get it than her. Plus she was pregnant with my sister and it was hard for her.

I remember just looking at the canister and telling her no. I was scared that the bubbles were going to come out and get me. Then she realized why I was scared, so she went ahead and got the Scrubbing Bubbles herself.

I kinda forgot about it until I went to scrub the toilet and lo and behold was a canister of... Scrubbing Bubbles. I had a little flashback, then laughed, then ran to the hill. The end.

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2009 at 1:48 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

They don't have evil faces, they smile. You have an evil face and you scare me!

wv: edionfat

 
At March 19, 2009 at 2:23 PM , Blogger ANDIE DIAZ said...

it's weird how little random instances like that can you freak you out forever!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home