Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Dad's Band Mate

So check this out, I was cleaning up my room, and I came across my dad's band's record. Since I don't have a record player, I thought maybe I would get lucky on the internet and typed it in. It was released by Polydor Records. Tower of Power, Pancho Sanchez, and Elton John's bassist played on it, so it was worth a shot.

So I did a search on Google, and bam there it was, The Brian West Band - Don't Stop Now. The bad thing was, I couldn't find any audio of it. I do have some good news to report. It turns out that my dad was right and the album hit "gold" in Norway. Brian West's real name is Brian Haner. Some of you out there may know Dusty Haner Jr., his nephew, or Synester Gates from the band, Avenged Sevenfold. That's his son.

It also turns out that Brian opens up for the stand-up comedian, Jeff Dunham. I guess Brian is known as, "The Guitar Guy". So I found one of his songs on Youtube and here it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home