Monday, January 12, 2009

Time To Stop And Smell The Roses

Last night in a bible study we talked about joy. Although that was not the focus on the study. To be honest with you, I don't remember at all what the study was about. Sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I lost track of what I'm trying to say.

We went around in a circle and talked about what brings us joy in our lives. Someone said the weather and someone else said nature. For me it was just being around people. Then I had one of those epiphany things that I only get every few years or so. Only because it's a big word that I don't use that often.

I got to think that sometimes God gives us very simple things in life that we take for granted. Sometimes we need to stop and smell the roses. We need to go dancing in the rain. You know stuff like that. I guess what I'm trying to say is that whenever you feel depressed, just stop and look at what God has given us.

2 Comments:

At January 12, 2009 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Trento said...

agreed.

I was freaking out yesterday because of finals, so I went for a walk in the snow at night out on the golf course behind my dorm, and it was really mind clearing.

 
At January 12, 2009 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Padfoot240 said...

Good words Chris.

It slowed my day down a little.

and I needed that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home