Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Korean Special Food!

For the longest time, I've been kind of bitter because some genius decided it would be a great idea to replace Pinata's restaurant with Jang Kum Tofu Restaurant. So today, I bit the bullet and had lunch there. The menu seemed a little funny, but I've never had Korean food before.

A lot of the items were expensive. They did however have lunch specials that were $5.99. That was kind of cool. They only give you four items to choose from. Oh, excuse me, they weren't lunch specials. It was the lunch box! (Andrew knows what I'm talking about).

The awesome thing was there was a side of the menu entitled, "Korean Special Food". On the Korean special food menu, was Bibimbap. The picture of it looked good, but I think I if I were to order it, I may say something like, "I would like the Bibmmmbop, please". Then there was the Pizza Don Katsu, which is some sort of pork cutlet pizza. Then you have the Mung Bean Paste Pancake. I mean how can you go wrong with Mung. I know I can't!

I took the easy way out and ordered me a B.B.Q. Chicken Lunch Box. In that you get chicken, rice, some sort of noodles, tofu, cucumbers, salad, and Korean special soup. The soup was different. It was just broth, these little leaves of some sort, and some weird seafood. After the meal, you get a small serving of frozen yogurt. Yum Yum.

I don't know if I'll ever eat there again, but it sure was an experience.

2 Comments:

At December 26, 2007 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Andrew C said...

Was my first time there too. Bunch of us at work go out to eat every Wednesday. I had the pork lunch special and it was pretty good and spicy. The soup and everything else was a little weird, but I'd go back for the lunch specials.

 
At December 27, 2007 at 12:56 AM , Blogger Padfoot240 said...

Wow, very interesting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home