Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Today was Christmas day. We opened up our presents went to get some cold cuts from Ralph's because everyone else was closed. Then we went to see a movie that I've been bagging on for a couple of weeks. Yes, it was Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I came in thinking horrible things. They weren't the size of the originals, They all wear "hoodies", Alvin doesn't wear his trademark cap, Jason Lee plays Dave, Alvin eats Theodore's poop. Actually, in the preview it was Alvin, but in the movie it was Simon. What...ever...

So I start watching the movie, and I was really thinking that it was lame. Then, it gets to the part where Dave hears them sing for the first time. He realizes that they can sing. He puts them to sleep and as there sleeping, he gets the idea of "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" Then as I was watching this scene, I started getting goosebumps because, I grew up on this. At this point, I started to really enjoy the movie.

There were a lot of things that really bugged me about the movie, but all and all it was a good family Christmas movie. The cool thing was during the credits roll, they did show the evolution of the Chipmunks. I thought that was awesome!

One little piece of trivia:
Before there was even a concept of the Chipmunks having a TV show, they were the actual size and color of the ones in the movie, well just a little different. I guess that's why I had a problem with the movie in the first place. I was used to the Chipmunks of the eighties and nineties and not the Chipmunks of the fifties.
-Merry Christmas

I also made my own evolution of the Chipmunks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home