Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Judging A Movie By It's Promotions

Like many of you out there, I too used to rush home after school to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was one of my favorite shows as a kid. They were always doing something to get into trouble and they would always find a way to squeeze in a concert. Heck, I can still name everybody on the show. There was Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Dave, Brittney, Eleanor, Janette... okay I forgot the name of the old lady who looked after the Chipettes. I can still remember my two favorite episodes. The Chip Punk episode where they wanted to get into Punk Rock and of couse the one with very special guest star, Mr.T. But something horrible has happened and I NEED to address this.

Hollywood decided it was going to be a great idea to bring back the chipmunks and at first I was all for it. It was about time that the younger generations knew who the Chipmunks were. Think about it, my parents grew up with The Alvin Show in the 60s, We grew up with Alvin and the Chipmunks in the 80s and early 90s. I was kind of thinking that this generation should deserve their own chipmunks. Then, I saw the poster. They were dressed up like little gangsta chipmunks. Then, when I saw The Simpsons Movie, they showed a preview for Alvin and The Chipmunks. I actually got upset. They destroyed the Chipmunks, people!!!

There are just so many things wrong with it and it's not even out yet. First, where's Alvin's hat. Second, I don't EVER remember them wearing "hoodies". Then, they're the size of actual chipmunks. Alvin eats poo. Oh yeah they got Jason Lee to play Dave. Don't get me wrong, I like Jason Lee. I think he's a good actor. I don't really think he fits the character of Dave Seville. I think they should have gone with Steve Carrell, Adam Sandler, Harland Williams (For those of you that don't know him, he was the crazy hitch hiker in, There's Something About Mary. He also had a show on The WB called Simon. He also was in the Disney movie Rocketman.) maybe Jim Carrey, or Tom Hanks. Too bad Tom Hanks is a serious actor now. I'm done!

One more thing, Does anybody remember the opening to the show later on where the music was more rockin?
Please comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home