Thursday, November 15, 2007

Darn!

Disclaimer: I may end up cussing on this blog entry. Actually I'm gonna replace the bad words with substitutes so maybe I won't cuss at all. Actually, to help get my point across, I may use actual bad words. So, if you are under the age of 18, I don't encourage reading this. Who knows what I'll do?

Last week I was hanging out with some high school students from church at the Landing, when I spilled my drink on my lap and said, "DARN IT". One of the guys told me that I just said a bad word. You see, he informed me that using darn is a substitute for using another word, and by using the word, "darn" it's just like saying,"damn". I do agree that by using darn is subsitting another word. I think it's a little extreme when, I say darn and someone catches me and says that I really meant something else.

So what am I supposed to do not say anything at all. What if I use the word, "gosh"! I guess that would be a substitute as well. To be honest, I don't loke to cuss. I have been watching myself ever since I had a little incident on the ride, "Deja Vu" at Magic Mountain. I seriously thought I was going to die because i thought that my saftey belt wasn't fastened correctly, and I used certain words that I shouldn't have used. You can talk to my good friend, Amy Morrison about that one. She'll tell you the whole thing.

I have made a list of words down below. One one side will be the word and on the other side will be some words that I use to substitute it with.

The "F" word - Fudge, Frick, Ferrulli
The "S" word - Shoot, Poo, Simon and Garfunkel
The "A" word - Butt
The "B" word - Bertha
The "D" word - Darn, Dang

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 15, 2007 at 11:47 PM , Blogger Padfoot240 said...

I concur

 
At November 17, 2007 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Denise said...

Just so you know, even "gosh" is some sort of derivitive of "godsakes" or "goddamn" so you really can't win. I prefer substituting all bad words with something elementary like "Turd," which is funny, or "Sweet Mother Of the Lord," cuz I don't think Mary is allowed to condemn people to hell.

 
At November 17, 2007 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Amy said...

hahaha. denise said turd

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home