Thursday, May 6, 2010

Back to Blogging

As some of you know, I have made the choice to leave the Facebook nation for a while. You may ask why. Here is the answer.

I took a small trip to visit my good friends Mike and Danielle in Arizona last week and check out their church, Real Life. Everybody at the church was challenged to give up something for a month. Mike and Danielle gave up eating out. I wasn't going to give up anything, because I was just visitng the church. Then Dan, a pastor at Real Life asked me what I was going to give up.

I thought about it for a while. What was it that I could give up? Some people were giving up sugar, others would give up TV. So, I started thinking about the one thing I was obsessed with. I came to the realization that I am on Facebook way to much.

This is what I do in the span of two hours a night before I go to sleep. First I update my status, then I chat with people for a bit, then this is what takes up most of my time: I play games. Yeah, I guess I could have just given up on the games, but I decided to give up on the whole kit'n kaboodle.

So now I'm back to my first love on the internet, blogging. I guess it would be better to share what's going on in my life. I know I've said that I was going to blog more. I blog every once in a while. Since I'm not on Facebook, I guess this will give me something else to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home