Monday, October 12, 2009

A New Beginning....

So, some of you know this, others don't. I just really haven't got a chance to tell you. On November 23, I will start my new job working in the ski rental shop at the Deer Valley Ski Resort in Park City Utah.

It was a little bit iffy telling you this via the internet. I apologize to any of my close friends out there that had to find out this way rather than me telling you in person. Some of you I really tried to get a hold of others, I may have just forgotten. For that I am truly sorry.

You may ask, "Why the move"? Well, my uncle is inviting me to live with him rent free. Since it's truly impossible for me to save money working a part time job, I have decided to take him up on the offer.

I don't know how long I plan on being gone for. Truly, I would like to stay there for a year. I don't think that's going to happen. I may be there longer.

I am skeptical about moving. I'm putting it in God's hands. I feel that God wants me to do this.

One of the things that is going to be a challenge is finding a church. There is only one christian church around the area. My biggest fear is that I find one and get plugged in ASAP. I really don't want to become one of those people that leaves a church and moves away without getting back into one.

I've been talking to a lot of people about this move. Some are excited, others aren't. I know this is going to work out. I just wish it wasn't so soon. I'm gonna miss you all. It's important to remember, I really don't want to live there forever. I will be back. As they say in, "Masters of the Universe", this is not goodbye, this is good journey. Good journey everyone.

3 Comments:

At October 12, 2009 at 2:37 PM , Blogger nathan118 said...

You're doing what you need to, and there is nothing wrong with that. Think of it as an adventure! Sucks to leave friends and family of course...but it doesn't have to be permanent.

Number one is your happiness, and this could be a great opportunity for you. Best of luck, and you will definitely be missed.

How you getting there?

 
At October 12, 2009 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Lori said...

I am proud of you, Chris! Way to step up and make a positive change in your life! Not everyone can just up and leave, but you are obviously a brave guy and ready for what God has in store.

Good Luck, Luna!

 
At October 12, 2009 at 8:30 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

Journey (the band) Sucks!

Wow Chris, that's a big step! I'm glad you are taking it and I know you'll do well. Be careful when driving on snow, it's a tricky one and keep us all posted / updated on how you are doing over there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home