Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Utah Chronicles: One Month Later

It's been a month already. Wow, time flies when you're shoveling snow. Here's what's going on. I normally start my day roughly at 5:45am. I get ready and leave the house at about 6:30am. Then I'm headed off to the bus stop. The bus leaves at 7:00am and it gets about 5 degrees that early in the morning. I arrive at work at 7:30am and take a bit of a nap. At 8:00am, I start work. It's a good time. Then I leave at 5:00pm.

I'm a ski tech. The name sounds cool, but the job is crazy. I fit people for their boots. Then I fit the boot to the ski. I'm not gonna go too into detail, because I don't want to.

Sometimes I get to work at the Silverlake lodge. There it's me and a girl named Claudia. Claudia is from Uraguay. It's very boring there, so we spend most of the time just talking. I talk about how cool Downey is, and she talks about how awesome Uraguay is. The problem is I have a rough time listening to her because, she has a heavy accent.

The job has it's perks. I run into celebrities from time to time. Today I got to meet Dan Castelenta(I probably messed his name up. He's the guy who does Homer Simpson's voice).

On my days off, I usually go into Old Town Park City and just go through the stores. I've tried skiing a couple of times and got hurt doing so.

I haven't made any friends yet. I hope that'll change soon. I'm trying to find a church. The church I went to this past Sunday caught on fire, and there wasn't much of a sermon. Don't worry, the church is fine. I'm gonna try a church out this week that my Aunt's friend goes to. She's from Downey and works with the youth. Just like me. Maybe that's a sign.

Hope to blog to you guys soon. Time to bug out.

1 Comments:

At December 22, 2009 at 7:24 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

I think this one time I encourage lies, make sure to talk about the vast mountains and valleys of Downey, also make up a bunch of stuff about how the founding fathers first stopped in Downey on their way to find this country... could make for some fun times.

Also, is there any coincidence you _made_ the church catch fire by your presence, I'm just sayin'

All kidding aside, I'm glad you're working and starting to get into a routine, I hope you find a church and get connected.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home