Monday, June 23, 2008

Go See Get Smart

Usually when ever I go see a movie based on a tv show or a comic book, or even a sequel for that matter, I usually end up being upset. I care about accuracy in those kind of things. You know did the movie do the original justice. That sort of thing.
This was not the case for Get Smart.

I grew up on that show. I would watch it with my grandparents on Nick at Nite. I even remeber it being on in the afternoons on channel 13 when I was little. It also comes on around 9:00 on KDOC, Channel 56.

I went into the movie thinking it was going to be a suckfest. Then watching the movie, my world was rocked, because it was true to the tv show. I'm only gonna spoil one thing for you. Bill Murray!!!

That's all she wrote.

2 Comments:

At June 23, 2008 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Andrew C said...

Never seen the TV series, but Netflix is giving it a 4.4 star recommendation so I added the first season DVD set, available in August. The movie is saved on our queue too.

 
At June 23, 2008 at 3:19 PM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

I'm glad to hear it was good!

I was a rabid get smart fan as a child. I was excited when I heard about the remake and that they cast Steve Carell to play Maxwell Smart!

Unfortunately I don't know when I'll be able to break away to see it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home