Thursday, March 6, 2008

I've Been Replaced By A Machine

Well it has finally happened, I've been replaced by a machine. Today I came into work and saw a redbox. A redbox is this automated video rental machine. So this means that our little video store at Albertsons will cease to exist. That also means that there is no need anymore for a person like myself to keep working in the lobby anymore.

This also means that since I haven't been there as long as everybody else, I'm out. Only because they have no need four people working in the lobby. Thanks Union for taking care of me. I really appreciate you guys. High Five.

So what does this mean for me? I've been forced to take on a position at work that I didn't want. They can't fire me, so they are giving me a job stocking shelves. The thing is that if I really wanted to stock shelves, I would have been like, "hey are there any positions stocking shelves, because that's what I want. A job stocking shelves". The problem is that I don't want a job just stocking shelves, I want a respectful job. At least I'll get paid the same. Thanks Albertsons.

I am writing this not so you guys will feel sorry for me. I am writing this because I really don't want to hear the question, "How's Work"

4 Comments:

At March 7, 2008 at 12:27 AM , Blogger Amy said...

luntangclan, there is nothing shameful about stocking shelves. i know it's not the job you want. but you do have a respectable job. don't feel bad about what happened. maybe something else will open up that you can train for soon.

 
At March 7, 2008 at 8:31 AM , Blogger http://alberico.net said...

I agree with the crowd, it's not what you want, but you do still have a job. Keep your head up and your eyes open, something else may come up.

 
At March 7, 2008 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Padfoot240 said...

Yea! And when Skynet or zombies start taking over, we will need some people who know how to work the movie rental booth!

 
At March 9, 2008 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

Stock the shelves like you are in the Matrix!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home