Tuesday, August 12, 2008

U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A.

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that the olympics are on. I am not like most of the people around the world. I really could care less about the olympics. To me they're are just a bunch of sports that if it wasn't for the olympics, they wouldn't even be on television. There are a few that are on t.v. but, c'mon really. I'm not totally bashing the olympics. They do provide this sense of world unity. And don't get me started on the opening ceremonies. I'm sorry folks, but I just couldn't get into it. It appears that China really doesn't care about the saftey of it's children when the little girl was flying across the stadium. Where was the net? I'm sorry to be a jerk but, I just could care less about the olympic games.

All of that was true until Sunday night. My roomate, Erick is really into swimming. So he was watching the relay. So I watched it with him. Before the race started, the big story was the French were talking a bunch of smack saying that they were gonna crush us. It got off to a rough start. Michael Phelps started it off and he was slow at the start. Then all of a sudden, I got into it. we were starting to loose but we weren't that ahead of first place. Then from out of nowhere at the last leg of the race, this guy, Jason Lezak from Team USA caught up. While watching this, I thought to myself that the French were gonna crush us. Then, Jason Lezak keeps catching up and in the end, the two are neck and neck and Jason just kind of reaches his hand to the wall and winds the race.

After the race was over, they kept showing footage of Michael Phelps and one of the other team members cheering him on. I tried to find the footage on youtube, to show you, but I can't. That moment got me excited about watching the olymipcs. It actually changed my view on the games. To me it was the greatest moment in olympic history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home